Sunday, January 30, 2011

Makeover What?!?!?

Well I guess I need to journal this new challenge...

After writing the last post I went through a moment or two of anxiety...it dawned on me that I was no longer a mommy, yes always a mom but after 15 years I had done what I set out to do. I have raised my children to adulthood, they like me and I love them, it has been a successful journey that I am proud of but now it changes...I do not know what to do with that change. Up until now my life, my job, my choices have all centered around my kids. I would do it the same if I had the choice but now they have adult lives of their own and it is time to look at what I need to do for me....the thought is a wee bit scary. Anyway I digress, as I sat wondering what to do next I saw a facebook ad for a friends gym that was having a contest...a full makeover and in a moment of weakness I thought 'why not??' Image now my surprise when I made the top 20 which includes a 4 month gym membership and weight loss challenge! I am choosing to embrace it, it is time to make life a bit different and find some ways to lower stress levels while doing something for me so I am going for it!!

Along with the physical part of this challenge it is time to start dealing with some of the leftover emotional baggage that can plague me...I knew the day would come but I had other matters to take care of first and only had the energy for one thing at a time...I now find myself in a position where I am unable to push it off any longer...damn! I have no idea where this journey will take me, I am not sure if I am ready for it, I know I must move through it. This is one of the many times that I am grateful for my faith, I know this journey will have difficult moments, moments of pain and definite grief...I also know that God will sustain me, carry me and protect me throughout it.

"Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.” "
~Exodus 14:13-14

1 comment:

  1. I am excited for you on this journey. I will support you and walk with you. You are not alone, although I do know from experience that at times you will feel alone.

    ReplyDelete