Saturday, May 14, 2011

Where you treasure is, so shall your heart be too ♥

Wow how time flies when you are feeling stress.....actually I must admit to being less stressed than I thought I would be this month....more tired but less stressed :)

The best place to start are probably the 2 family moves...both Tif and I changed our addresses and lifestyle within a week of each other, it was not planned that way but in our world things like that just happen. The day we said goodbye to Grandma B, Tif and I looked at a 2 bdrm apartment, somehow it felt like home, it was much different than what we had envisioned but it had a certain charm that made me decide to go for it and move in a three week time frame...in all fairness, Tif had decided to move already but we figured what the heck, lets do it!! Now understand that living in a VERY large bdrm home with a double car garage and moving into an apartment was no easy feat....my kids would say I had too much crap, I however told them I was guarding treasures that they would one day be grateful for. Whether crap or treasure I had to make some tough decisions about what could come with us and what had to be sent to the MCC...it was not easy to downsize so drastically but I did it!!

Jordan & I are very happy with our decision to live more simply...we now live in an older building downtown, we are within walking distance to work, the mall and best of all Mill Lake...we have far less cleaning to do as our square footage has been cut in more than half...we have far less bills each month as we no longer work to pay for a large house we do not need...and best of all it gives us more time to spend with the people we love. Yup, I had reservations and I still have moments of panic when I realize how big the change has been but in the end the pros outweigh the cons and we are happy...and for that I am grateful!!

Tif has also make a huge change, she is now living in a 3bdrm condo that is much closer to the freeway which will cut down her commute...this change comes with many others but she is happy in her new home as well, there is a real kitchen, washer and dryer and with some space she is finding it easier to keep clean....Austin loves his Toy Story room and we all love how the place looks and makes her feel. It is my prayer that as she starts this new chapter she is blessed.

God is indeed good, His promises are real....I needn't have worried as I am sure that God knew where we were going already....it reminds me of this passage in Luke 12...

22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life[b]? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.


1 comment:

  1. I love those verses, thanks for that reminder....I needed that today.

    ReplyDelete