Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Seaweed sandwich...

Yup, a seaweed sandwich!
That is an apt description of how I feel lately. It has been a long time since writing and there are many reasons for that, I am sure that I will elaborate soon but for now there is still much to formulate about the journey that I have been on. So much of my healing involves stories that are not mine to tell so I have hesitated to try and put it into words....although I need to be careful about what I share I have also come to realize that putting it off  is one of my coping skills...avoidance.

When life is busy and full I prioritize....and grieving the losses and mistakes in my life has NOT been a priority, right or wrong I push it off and move on with more 'pressing' matters. This week I have thought of Jonah often...I believe there is a reason for that. Much like Jonah I have tried to hide from what I know needs to happen and find myself upset over the loss of my 'thistle'...sad but true. 

So I have found myself inside a large fish...
1Then Jonah prayed to the LORD his God from the belly of the fish, 2saying,
    "I called out to the LORD, out of my distress,
   and he answered me;
out of the belly of Sheol I cried,
    and you heard my voice.
...it is time to continue on, pick off the seaweed and continue on to Ninevah
9 But I with the voice of thanksgiving
   will sacrifice to you;
what I have vowed I will pay.
    Salvation belongs to the LORD!" (Jonah 2 ESV)
...and pray that I will not mourn the loss of a thistle but rejoice God's mercy.


 

2 comments:

  1. yay a new post, I know how you feel my friend. Thanks for your chats, advice and most of all your love and acceptance. You are a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwe...you are easy to love my friend ♥

    ReplyDelete