Thursday, December 18, 2014

Was 2014 the Year of Balance?


2014 was supposed to be my year of balance....each December I pick a word for the upcoming year and after much consideration balance was chosen last year. Regaining balance was much more difficult than I had anticipated....I had a new job, I started to take better care of myself, started to eat properly, learned to say no more often and spend time alone to reflect. I succeeded in some areas and failed miserably in others. As the year comes to an end I see that I simply shifted my balance from one side of the scale to the other. I have found myself in a self imposed isolation during my quest...sigh....

This is not however a story of failure, I have discovered much during this year. I watched as my children became independent adults, I no longer had a high level of stress in my world, I lost 40 pounds as I moved toward a healthier lifestyle, I found a new love in educating people about the importance of fair trade and I learned to spend time alone without becoming restless. It was a good year, a year of growth and a year that was needed but now it is time to tip the scales once more and achieve the balance I was searching for.

For months I have thought about the prospect of starting to blog once more...I have no idea what I will write about, no idea if anyone will read it, no idea if it will help me in my new quest to discover myself but it will give me a reason to write again and that is a start....now to find a new word for 2015....

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you had started blogging again. You are a good writer. I like your photo on balance. I think we could all learn from that. I wonder what your word will be for 2015. I'll be back to see! All the best in 2015!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathi, I really appreciate your kind comments..I think I may have my new word which shall be posted as soon as Christmas is done. Praying your 2015 is full of blessing!

      Delete