Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Time Management....

Still wondering if this is a good idea...what is on my mind? Nothing and everything. Life has been very busy the last month, between work, home, Gala planning and a speaking gig there has not been much time for reflection. That said I have still spent some time wondering (ok reflecting) about what life has to offer me...the kids don't need me like they used to so I have decided to keep myself busy. That my friends may have been a stupid idea.

In keeping myself busy I have missed out on spending some quality time with and family friends, my house looks like something straight out of hurricane season and I am tired....the worst of it is that it is my spiritual life that has suffered, I have neglected to spend quality time with God and that is NOT good. We (me) all have great excuses about how our days fill and there is little time left over for reading or our minds are too full for more than a quick prayer...that is a dangerous cycle and affects how well our lives work and how we feel about ourselves and others. That said I think it is time for a bit of renewal...in order to renew I need to have some discipline that keeps me focused on spending more quality time with the God who loves me and wants to make life full...time to stop being a hypocrite....time to put some of the good back into my life so it can be passed on to others.

Now in looking this over I need to clarify that what I have been busy with is all good stuff and I enjoy the variety of things I am involved with but time management is an issue. This week I will need to look at all of my commitments and reschedule them so that God once again comes first. It is something I know I can do and have done in the past but somehow overlooked over the last few months....stupid that we can so easily overlook this simple life strategy.

Over the next few months I intend to spend my morning coffee with God, then we will share a cup at midnight....together will see what a cup of coffee and some time can do to build relationships.

3 comments:

  1. It is so easy to get caught up in good things. The good thing is when we recognize the need for re-ordering of priorities. Enjoy the writing, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See...I told you you could, and would, write well. You have things to say that are good for you to hear, and are also good for anyone who happens to read your stuff. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh I like it! I've always told you, you were way better at writing than I was. I'll be following your blog!

    ReplyDelete