Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sorry for the wait,,,

It has been a while since posting and for that I apologize. Since this is so new I am not even sure if anyone reads this but now that much of the chaos of the past few weeks is over I will try harder to be more diligent.

There are many things on my mind as of late...emotions of helping to move my beloved friend and mentor into an extended health care facility took its toll, add that to the regular emotions of life and I would have to admit my mood has not been very upbeat. That said I now have a couple of nights sleep in and am feeling much more like myself.

Everyday living can be draining, when we add to that the emotions of impending separation, parenting, finances, conflict or sleep deprivation and we open the door for the enemy to play head games with us....he enjoys being able to throw us curve balls and relishes in our failure to keep God first and foremost. This is something we all know and yet can be so easily overlooked during our times of stress. I have attempted to write a post a couple of times but with my thoughts disjointed and no time to study and straighten them out I opted to not write anything....the problem with this is then there is no authenticity....life is as much about the disjointed and difficult as it is about our triumphs. None of us have it together all the time, we struggle with feelings of inadequacy, hoping and praying for life situations to change or be fixed..sometimes it is simply not in the plan...and we feel discontent because of it. The reality however is that we always have a way out, it just isn`t always as easy as it sounds.

God is our way out of times of discontent...it requires some work, we need to trust Him..know that He is who He says he is...His character and His love do overcome all...it is at times like this that we need to take a deep breath, pray and then let God do what God does....

1 comment:

  1. Why do you start with an apology? With blogging, you have no obligation to post at specific times or intervals. You write when you feel the need or have the urge. I like what you say, but just because you don't say anything for awhile, doesn't mean anything.
    I'm glad you write even though you don't have it all figured out yet. We can all identify with you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete