Thursday, August 5, 2010

Getting what I deserve??

It has been a couple of weeks since I have curled up with my computer and thought about some journaling moments.....much has gone undocumented and it seems as though much more of my week will have the same fate....hopefully to be forgotten forever. That is not to say that it has all been bad.

Life has been full... full of laughter, full of love, full of mistakes that have snippets of regret.

Some of the laughter was caused by a weekend with my darling Austin...there is nothing like a child to fill your days with funny moments and feelings of intense love. I took him to his first concert which he loved, we went to the park and read MANY different stories. Although he tires me out, he is also a source of extreme joy in my life!! Thank you God for my family, for the joy and love they provide me with.

Oh how I wish there was only good this week but unfortunately that is not the way it happened. I made some mistakes this week that will have consequences, I wonder if I have managed to at least glean some lessons from them. ( I hope so anyway) One of the things that I will be more aware of is that there are many times I should shut my mouth. I need to work on that, I need to be much more discerning on who I trust with certain information and who I pass that info on to. Obviously this has been an issue that has had some ramifications, yet even with the chaos that ensued this week I am reminded that God is good....Thank you Lord that you are is in control. Thank you that when we screw up you do not give us what we deserve, for that I am grateful.

1 comment:

  1. years ago I heard the following definitions: mercy-not giving us what we do deserve; and grace-giving us what we don't deserve.

    May you have experience much mercy and grace this week. Love you!

    ReplyDelete