Monday, January 24, 2011

A life of privilege!!

Wow the last week has been a whirlwind of events....life for me is always busy but this week has been full of occasions that are worthy of documenting.

The week started out fairly normal, I finally felt as though I was getting ahead of the game at work. The last few months have been pretty stressful with our new system and it feels good to be getting a bit of a jump on it!! Tuesday was our monthly board meeting for Gallery 7, we looked forward to opening week of Tuesdays with Morrie, and of course more planning for the 2011 Gala. Wednesday was spent getting a baby cuddle from Hudson and catching up with my good friend Kim. I love these little visits and feel privileged to be able to continue this friendship outside of work. Then it was off to my token night shift. Once home, I spent the evening trying to finalize the graphics for G7 and finally got off to bed at 12:45.....the phone rang about 2:30 am....

Thursday was Aurora Noelle's birthday...I was privileged to be there to welcome here into the world ..I arrived at the hospital sometime after 4 (the times are a bit blurry) and joked that I had an 8am appointment so she had until 7:30, this of course was directed at the bulging tummy I have talked to for months...the midwife gave me a dirty look but such is life! The little muffin, with the help of her mommy listened quite well and made her appearance at 7:35 am. Upon looking at her perfect little face I realized it had taken less than a moment for me to fall in love again!! Then it was off to work, I made it there at 8:07 am, only a few minutes late for my meeting...her first day in the world and already quite considerate :)

Friday was opening night for Gallery 7 which included making a reception of hot hor d'oeveres and punch for 250 people...it was successful and I was tired!!

Saturday was errands, then off to the theatre to do box office and then off to Finnegans. Recently I reconnected with my best friend from elementary school, her and her family were so important to me....I made some silly choices and our paths grew apart and then through this blog...go figure...she contacted me and I am so glad she did! Her brother in law has been diagnosed with melanoma and she asked if I would join her at a fundraiser...again I found myself feeling privileged!!

Sunday Jordan needed to be at church by 8 am so he could practice for worship...watching him play as the church worshipped again make me feel an overwhelming sense of privilege...God has been so gracious. Once home, I was off to Chilliwack with my very very good friend Cheryl, we simply needed to connect so with coffee in hand we left in search of the Bookman...we were able to catch up and I again thought how privileged I am to have such good friends who love me...

There are two themes this week...the most important is that God is gracious and kind, He has given me an incredible life of privilege. Thank you Lord for the people who love me, the people that I love and the extreme joy it gives me to be surrounded by them....the other theme, well I am tired!!!

2 comments:

  1. aww that's awesome! as usual you're a busy woman, but it sounds like it was a wonderful kind of busy this last week. i look forward to our wednesday visits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim~ for being a good friend and for reading my blog..lol...looking forward to our next visit!!

    ReplyDelete