Friday, March 9, 2012

Excellent & Praiseworthy

I am so sorry that I have been remiss in posting the last couple of weeks...forgive me. As I try to get everything accomplished I cannot help but wonder if my merry-go-round will ever stop to let me off?? Until that happens, it is my plan to hold on and enjoy the ride!!

Even with being so busy the last two weeks, I knew if I did not post something this morning (before heading out to a conference in Surrey) I would feel bad so I thought I would look up a 'verse of the day'...Here it is:

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, 
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is 
excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things . 
Philippians 4:8 NIV

That verse is fitting..........

First it was my son's 28th birthday, it seems impossible that the time has gone by so quickly. I will not share too much but after 3 short hours of labour, on a quiet snowy morning he made his entrance...he has been my quiet child every since, he has overcome much in his short life and he amuses me to no end...I love him even more now than the morning they placed him in my arms. Happy Birthday Baby, I am SO proud of you!! You are excellent and praiseworthy so I think of you!!

Second, as you know I am involved in a Freedom class, I cannot share a lot of the details but last night we got together for a meal and communion...it has been 6 months since we started (3 more to go). Each of us were facing different issues, each of us were looking for healing and freedom....each of us has made remarkable progress on that quest...each of us owes the power of that healing to a God who loves us, who is excellent and praiseworthy and I thank Him!!

So today as I go about trying to get everything done, I will  try not to let frustration take hold but think only of those things that are true, that are noble, that are pure and good....today I will think of the many wonderful gifts that God provides.....
and I will praise Him !!

No comments:

Post a Comment