Saturday, June 23, 2012

Feeling great!

I may be another year older but I feel better than I have in years!! For the past three weeks I have made some significant changes...and I am grateful I did.

Gone are the days of toast and donuts...now it is apples & peanut butter or a package of seaweed (which really is not as bad as some may assume ☺) I have cut out just about all processed food, wheat and sugar...it was easier than I thought. My fridge is full of greens, hummus and other healthy treats. My milk is now made from almonds and my cheese comes from goats. My coffee is infused with green tea & Gota Kola...ok, my first cup of the day is still made from dark roast beans & strong...but then I am drinking the Javita for the rest of the day. These are all big changes for me.

I admit to being a bit of a skeptic (I know huh...who knew)!! Anyway I was not sure if this little experiment would work, if I would be able to keep doing it or if I would be able to enjoy any of it. The results however  speak for themselves: I have been sleeping well (you know that does not happen often), I wake up feeling rested and feel ready to face the day, I have energy, I am not hungry, I do not feel the need to nap and the bonus....I have lost 5 pounds!!

Last night Jordan took me out for a birthday dinner at Paliotti's (Italian) and I ate some fabulous whole wheat seafood pasta. It was accompanied by a great glass of Merlot,I do not feel guilty at all and  we had a great time. I only share this because when we came home I actually felt the need to have a quick nap for the first time in 3 weeks...I do not believe it was coincidence. I will still on occasion eat my beloved pasta but I no longer crave it (or a sandwich) and I am very happy about that. So I will continue to eat whole foods, walk and drink my special coffee....who knows what will happen if I decide to go to gym as well?? Nah, not quite there yet ☺

I will exalt you, Lord, for you rescued me.
    You refused to let my enemies triumph over me. 
 O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
    and you restored my health.
Psalm 30: 1-2 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment