Wednesday, January 2, 2019

The Year is 2019 and I choose...



The year has started, 2019 has arrived. There was a time when that felt so very far away however I have discovered that time keeps moving (sometimes quickly) and before you know it the year I thought was only in science fiction movies is right in front of me.

For the record, the past few years have been difficult! Don't get me wrong, they were infused with many wonderful moments and milestones but also shadowed by darkness and loss. . . that time is now over! As I start this new year I know that I am extremely blessed and I  choose to live each new day infused by delight!

Yesterday I was delighted to start a new blanket for my beloved son and his new bride, today it is the ability to enjoy a fresh salad with homemade dressing, tomorrow it is coffee with a friend. . . each day is filled with moments and it is up to me to choose how to react to them. I choose delight!

I wanted to have the word in Hebrew as a reminder so I asked the best scholar I know to translate a version I had found on-line, he was kind enough to send the following reply:
תענוג "Delight, pleasure. The notion of making the guts soft. That 'full but not stuffed' or that happy buzz from a glass of wine with an old friend... all the wonder and comfort without the dread of a negative coming."
and it is perfect, it is exactly what I want from this year, a type of Danish hygee that will surround me and my loved ones. . . an appreciation for the small things in life that bring me pleasure. . . and if I am lucky perhaps I can delight my loved ones in return  💜

No comments:

Post a Comment