Monday, December 17, 2012

Parental Control?

I was told that parenting would not get easier as the kids got older....I was ready for that.

I didn't however know it would get harder...I was not prepared for the time when simply holding my baby tight would provide the comfort to ease any pain my child was feeling.

I was ready for them to gain independence but was not prepared for the helplessness that would accompany having to stand by and watch as life handed them grown up problems and disappointments.

I looked forward to them becoming adults but find myself wishing they were once again little so I could once again protect them. 

As I write this I am obviously feeling melancholy, at odds with myself and my ability to be supportive without being controlling...what I am learning is that after 17 years of single parenting I am still not comfortable with not having some level of control...darn, I though I was past that particular flaw!

All this to say that I need to focus on God...the one who provides comfort...the one who protects....the one who is in control...the one I must depend on.

"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. 
He gives power to the faint, 
and to him who has no might he increases strength'"~Isaiah 40:28-29


"For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”  ~Isaiah 41:13

"It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”~Deuteronomy 31:8



No comments:

Post a Comment