Sunday, December 9, 2012

Peace & Hope

How is that 2 months have past?? I am sorry for my neglect....I have written in my head but alas, that is not good enough for it is then called 'thinking'.

Life continues to move at a very fast pace and there are many things I could write about....grandson, adult children, work and more...these are the things that take my time and for them I am grateful. Gratitude diaries seem to be very popular these days and I love the idea...*sigh*...but I don't think I shall do that today.

With Christmas around the corner, recipes and the very successful Pinterest are another way of filling our time (thank goodness I do not enjoy baking or I may be hooked). Christmas...this time of year is always full of conflicting emotions. I LOVE Christmas....the decor, the lights, the story of a saviour's birth, gingerbread cookies and reading under the tree... *happy sigh*....there are so many great things about Christmas to blog about.

The other side is the craziness of working retail, people who are overwhelmed and grumpy, financial strain as we try to 'keep up with the Jones', those who suffer depression for a myriad of reasons, the first Christmas without a loved one....*sigh*....I know so many who are suffering this Christmas

With this in mind I endeavour to sensitive to those who suffer, I will try to not covet the 'things' that society says I should have, I will love those that God has put in my life and I will remember that the true meaning of Christmas...hope....peace...


For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6


No comments:

Post a Comment