Thursday, November 25, 2010

Change...

The last few weeks have been filled with emotion and change...good and bad.

Gallery 7 has started off on a great note. Peter Pan had a sell out weekend and the show is amazing, we have some great talent in this town and I am proud to be a part of it...not on the creative side but someone has to do the behind the scenes type of stuff. I am fortunate to work with some great people who I get to call friends...that is important to me. Although it is a lot of work at times, there is also a lot of laughter and I love it!!

Work had been quite stressful as we change our operating system...crazy at this time of year, perhaps but quite necessary. Unfortunately it has been kicking me in the behind....it has some really great features but for my job it seems to be much more convoluted, it requires much more work and way more key strokes to do the job. I have been very frustrated as I am unable to do the job I have spent at least 8 years learning to do...up until last week I did it well....this is a hard pill to swallow. Add to that the fact that my very good friend, someone I have grown to love, is leaving and...well it kind of sucks. Now do not get me wrong, the reason behind the departure is one of great joy and happiness...a miracle in the making and I am thrilled for her. A beautiful little man (well I think it will be a boy) is about to make an entrance!! That said there is still sadness, you see I have gotten used to seeing her beautiful smile at least 4 days a week. Combine that with the chaos that is our job environment right now and I feel we have not been able to give her a proper good bye...oops, I mean 'see you later '. My friend if you read this, know how valuable you are in the cog that keeps us running, I shall miss your smile, creativity, organization and lists!! You are going to make a wonderful mommy and that little bundle has started his live extremely blessed!!!

Changes....most times I love them but it seems as though they are coming in rapid succession right now and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by them....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot lady! I truly appreciate the sweet sentiments, but now I'm crying! :) (For good reasons of course). You KNOW how much I will Miss seeing you too!! You are an absolutely wonderful friend and I will miss working with you...but we shall still meet for coffee dates, right?!? And you can catch me up on how you're kicking BSMGR's butt!! (Cuz I know you will...you just have to find it's weakness & "take. it. out!" Much, much love to you!

    ReplyDelete