Saturday, February 11, 2012

What.....it is February already??

It is hard for me to believe that it is already the second week of February, I was under the impression that once I had 'downsized' the number of entries on my calendar there would be more time?! Guess that was a fallacy of epic proportions! (yes Jordan, I used the word 'epic')

This year I have stepped away from many of my commitments to try and regain some sanity (although I think sanity may be a long shot for me).  I am still driving into Surrey twice a week, once to meet with a counsellor, and once to see my beautiful little man before heading off to my evening class as well as any board commitments with Gallery 7.  It is not like I have nothing left to do, but I have conditioned myself to keep very busy over the years so only 3 full time commitments feels a  bit light ☺  Still I have more time at home and I am finding that I am really enjoying it, I am also realizing a need to re focus the time and energy in my life.

This past year has been a journey...one that I am willing to fully share with you however I have not quite figured out how so without 'changing names to protect the innocent' so to speak....but now I am wanting to try, so I will see if I can do it. One of the surprising side effects of this year of healing is that I have, for the first time, not kept a journal throughout it....usually my first instinct is to write, however this time I have simply wanted to keep the details in my head, process them and throw them away. LOL, this is a class that requires writing everything down and I rebel and revert to point form...go figure!!

But now...now it is February and I feel better than I have in a long time. I want to start visiting my journal again, I want to spend time at the table with pen, paper and books and study, I want to get back into God`s word and write!! 
I love life journaling, I started it years ago as my devotion time and I miss it. I guess that in the end, that is all today`s post is about...a public declaration to spend some quality time with God and get back to my love of writing....after all, it is already February!!

No comments:

Post a Comment