Thursday, January 26, 2012

I LOVE Thursdays!!

I have just returned home from my favourite night of the week...Thursday!! 
Some of you will know why right away, some will have good ideas about why and others will have no clue...whatever category you fit in, the fact remains that this day has become the highlight of my week.

On Thursdays, I start to clear my desk at 3:00 to so that I can leave work early...by 4:30 I am at the fence of the daycare where one of my greatest joys comes running to say hello and get a kiss through the chain link fence (yes this requires a bit of strategic puckering to ensure I am only kissing little lips and not the fence itself), then it is inside for a full blown hug from him...and a number of other cute faces that yell "Hello Austin's grandma, can I have a hug too?"... Once all the hugs are properly distributed, the muddie buddies are folded and put away, the crafts collected and the daily menu board read (it is somehow important that I know what he ate for lunch) off we go . His little hand grabs mine and the jabbering starts as we head off to spend some quality time together. This ritual brings me so much joy that I actually am 'tearing' up a bit as I recount it for all of you. Our dates can include a number of things depending on our mood...a game, shopping for dinner, a trip on the sky train just because he loves it or perhaps a coffee & hot chocolate at Chapters... but it always ends with sharing a meal with mommy, another hug , kiss (or two) & an 'I ♥ you' before I leave. These are moments that I treasure.

This kind of unconditional love is good for the soul, 
it is a gift that I am grateful for...
yup, this is the stuff memories are made of!

2 comments:

  1. I understand why you love Thursdays...and he knows he is loved and treasured by his grandma:)

    Rachel R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing, love reading your insights! and love the new look. hope to see you soon, miss you more than words can say.

    ReplyDelete