Tuesday, March 8, 2011

♪ ♫ In the ghetto ♪

As I earnestly search for a new home, this Elvis song keeps playing over and over in my head...although I am not ready to admit defeat, I am also not having much luck at finding a place to call home. The bottom line is with exorbitant rental costs we will not be able to stay in an area anywhere close to what we have grown accustomed to.

Now please understand that it makes me sad but at the same time I feel gratitude...a long time ago when Gary & I separated I asked that God would allow me to stay in a safe and stable home until the kids finished school. He has honored that request and I have been able to keep the kids on the same street from Josh's grade 2 year to Jordan's graduation (21 years~ wow), not many single moms can say that and it was very important to me. Thank you God for your graciousness and for the village that helped me to raise my children with few incidents =) Now it is time to take a deep breath and move to a place that we can afford (there is that song again ♫)

I am also a bit down about this make over challenge, for 5 weeks I have worked out and eaten well to stay the same weight, thats right I gained the 2 pounds and am right back where I started from....damn!! Again I feel torn as I do feel better & less stressed, I am sleeping better and have more energy than I have had in a long time....I should be grateful but somehow the scale has become the sign of success and each day I struggle to overcome it and be happy with a healthy outcome. I am committed to continue so if you see me failing please feel free to kick my sorry behind.

Now for the moment of nostalgia....27 years ago my beautiful blue eyed baby boy was born. He entered the world very quickly and made me the envy of the other moms. I loved him from the very first moment, he was the most amazing baby , happy & content and slept through the night by the time he was 3 weeks old (scared the crap out of me the first time). Today he is a man who has overcome much hardship and I am very proud of the person he has become!! I love you Josh and can hardly believe how quickly those precious moments turned to years. Happy Birthday Baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment