Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thank you ♥

This week has been peppered with little rays of encouragement...and I am thankful for them. None of my circumstances have changed but it is my hope and prayer that my response to them will. As I continue on this journey I find writing helps, that it is a soothing balm long abandoned. Many years ago I wrote often, however there was not time while raising my children so I put down my pen and stopped. It is one of the solitary activities that I am finding comfort in once again.

Imagine my surprise last week when an friend I have not seen in years commented on this blog, then the mother of a close friend and finally an author that I am a big fan of!! She said it had been accidental..and it hadn't... that God had led her here and she took time to send me an email...I hope to one day be able to let her know how much it meant to me, how it came on a day when I was feeling quite insignificant....it was amazing the power her few words held, it was amazing that God used her to encourage someone she did not know. It was as though God had sent me a quick note using three very different and unlikely people to do so...and I am humbled by them.

I love the book of Exodus, God uses it often to encourage me. Today I cannot help but think of Aaron, Hur & Moses...

10 So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill. 11 As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. 12 When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset. 13 So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword. Exodus 17:10-13 NIV

Thank you to those of you who encourage me, thank you to those of you who accept me cracks and all, thank you to those of you who love me and lift me up. Thank you to those who stand by me and hold my hands high. Thank you to God who does indeed love me unconditionally and has blessed me with many Aaron & Hur's.

3 comments:

  1. Denise, your blog continues to encourage me. I write a similar blog-devotional in nature-and most often about how I've seen God or heard from Him. I'll publish the post and then think, "Great, it's all about me. Who will want to read this." I hear that whisper from the enemy so often. I'm learning to tune it out. Yet it persists.

    But then I stumbled on your blog and was so encouraged by your transparency, by the way you see God, and by your heart for Him. I come away from reading your posts knowing that I'm not alone on the journey. Instead, there are others who struggle, who hurt, and who are turning to God and depending on Him. Is it possible others find that same sense of camaraderie in my blog? Perhaps.

    So know that God is using you and using your words. You write beautifully. Keep it up! Please!

    Now a question: If no one shows up tomorrow, want to sit down and have coffee? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...if no one shows up, we may just go out for lunch :) I am looking forward to seeing you and once again thank you for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read your blog, it makes me feel not so far away and still apart of your life :)

    ReplyDelete