Saturday, August 20, 2011

God's gifts...

This past week seemed fairly uneventful... as though life has been moving in slow motion, I got through each day with minimal effort but still felt a bit disconnected from it all. I have prayed that God would provide me with small gifts to help me feel encouraged...as always He has provided.

Last Saturday I was blessed with a new friend, she was a gift in many ways...this friend was a gift, she in not someone I will see often as she lives far away but her words will stay with me and be an encouragement as I continue my journey.

That evening, I had dinner with a friend who also has a son with diabetes, it was not a good week for him. The experience reminded me how fortunate I am that Jordan is so good at managing his own diabetes...he is an amazing young man and I am so proud of him for more reasons than I have room to write about in a blog...another gift.

Sunday dawned with sunshine and the promise of an afternoon at the park with another special friend and her little boy....the fellowship of the afternoon was refreshing, an affirmation...I enjoyed the time with her and her little man watching him as he grows and learns...yup, you got it, yet another gift.

Monday I was met at the door by my grandson with a dramatic "ta da da da" (reminded me of the old Imperial Margarine commercial), he was quite proud of his work for the week and could not wait to share his accomplishment. It still puts a smile on my face to think of it. We enjoyed dinner, the park and story time before I headed off to my appointment. I am so fortunate to have this bundle of joy in my life, he certainly helps me gain perspective and showers me with unconditional love ♥ He and his mommy are certainly a gift.

Each day that followed came with a gift. Some big, some little, when I failed to recognize them, He reminded me that they were just that. I am once again humbled by his gentle and caring manner this week. God knew that I felt fragile and bruised and each day he gave me comfort, gently coaxing me through each day...finishing off the week with a beautiful and quiet Saturday and the promise of a fun filled day at Science World with my kids (this is one of our favorite things to do)...I look forward to many laughs and looks of wonder as we explore tomorrow.

Although there are parts of my life that are in question and upheaval, God has graciously reminded me not to become overwhelmed by the big picture but to focus on each day and the blessings that come with it...to seek out the gift of the day and be grateful for it...to know that He loves me, even when I find that hard to believe...I guess it was an eventful week after all...

So don’t be misled, my dear brothers and sisters. Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession.
James 1:16-18

1 comment:

  1. Denise,
    Happy Anniversary! I hope your special day with your kids will remind you that good came out of the marriage that wasn't good. So glad you are a part of my life. You are a gift to me. :)

    ReplyDelete