Sunday, August 14, 2011

Airshow weekend...

The airplanes over head bring mixed feelings for me...I love them, the noise, the vibrations the feeling you get as they approach and then before you know it they are on the other side causing your head to flip around as you try and track them...yes, since I was a little girl I have loved the airshow, sitting with my gramps in a field eating berries waiting for the next one to fly overhead, listening to his endless stories (he had a love for all things mechanical and would talk about old planes, single engines, bi planes...I can't remember what he said, but I can remember feeling so loved by his side). These are the memories that make me smile, the ones that warm my heart, the ones I hold dear ♥

Airshow weekend also marks my anniversary, this would be 29 years...I loved that the planes flew over us on our wedding day as our family and friends gathered in the most beautiful yard (my safe haven for years before and years after)...little did I know back then that the roar of the jets would one day remind me of the turbulence that marriage endured, that each year I would hear them over head and be reminded of a moment of happiness and a lifetime of hardship.

This year is bit different, this year I watched the jets and simply enjoyed them, this year I was not immediately reminded of my failure but watched in wonder wishing Austin was here so I could see the amazement on his little face as they came so close to our patio (I can so hear him say "Whoaaaa Gramma, look at that" in his extremely dramatic & trademark style). I am grateful this year is different, maybe I have too many other hurts to deal with, maybe the failure doesn't hold the same grip on me, maybe I am just ready to enjoy the simple moments in life...I am not sure of the reason but the reality is I shall always be reminded of many memories on this weekend....the gift is that the good memories definitely outweigh the bad ones.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
 

James 1:17 (ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment