Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cracks in my amour...

This week I have repeatedly heard people say that you should let people see the cracks in your amour as 'this is where God shines through'....stick with me on this thought.
This morning I went on a 'walk' with a small group of people I do not know well, after many excuses I decided that I would go. What I was unaware of was this was much more of a hike than a walk...by then it was too late..so I took a deep breath and started up the mountain. This is when I met the lovely Stella, she was my buddy, she is an artist and saw more beauty than I, she was encouraging and her stories kept my mind off the lack of breath and pain I was feeling...did I mention that this hike was 45+ minutes uphill...I kept walking, not looking up for fear of quitting, just putting one foot in front of the other and hoping I would make it and not die right there on the trail. Up we went and Stella make mention of this cracked armour again...I said nothing and kept walking up the uneven terrain and crossing the makeshift bridges. It was a gorgeous trail with the sun breaking through and I looked at the layers of beauty (Stella's words) that God had created. When I thought I would surely die, a wonderful meadow appeared filled with summer flowers, a breeze and a glorious flat stretch...I thought I had made it only to find we were about half way....I kept going. Eventually I came to the top, although it had hurt and there had been uncertainty, I made it!!

The view was nothing short of spectacular, I recognized land marks and I was above it..with the encouragement of strangers (now friends), I had overcome this trail and sat on the edge of the mountain with the sun shining...those shafts of light I had enjoyed on the trail were only a small piece of the sun that God had put forth this morning. We started down (much much easier thank goodness) I had more time and breath to enjoy the scenery and it hit me...my epiphany...my life is much like that hike. As I moved closer to the top, there was pain and a lack of breath but without it I may have missed the glory of what God gave me at the top. It was as though he said, "Yes my darling, this is a year of pain...hurtful and seemingly unattainable however if you focus on me and my beauty I will get you to the top and you shall enjoy all I have to offer in a new light".

Today God shone light through my cracked armour and with His help I shall heal from the attacks that fractured it to begin with...

2 comments:

  1. you need a like button on your blog... I would "LIKE" this post :) miss you my friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks my friend...I always appreciate that you read this at all :) Miss you too

    ReplyDelete