Sunday, August 28, 2011

Rest

This week I have a goal...to read 5 books that do not relate to work at all while drinking a lot of iced coffee on my patio in the sun, or while sitting in the shade at Mill Lake....I am now starting a much needed week off!

The past few weeks I have been on auto pilot, simply getting through each day with one thing on my mind: that this week is coming, that I have no plans, that I plan on reading and most of all naps!! Yup, sleep and read all day, dinners & fun in the evening....please Lord, let this week be rejuvenating.

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.
Matthew 11:28-30 NLT 

 Weary...yes, I am weary. Burdens...yes, I have many. The Lord says 'come to me'.... if we want the rest we need to be able to move toward Him, today I am one step closer and I am grateful for the yoke He gives me. Jesus himself is the true Sabbath, He gives us a personal invitation...today I revel in it and feel better than I have in a very long time. Thank you Jesus ♥

1 comment:

  1. Have a most excellent week of rest, I'm sad I'm not there to help you drink those iced coffees and but most of all I miss your hugs and encouragement. I miss you <3

    ReplyDelete