Wednesday, August 3, 2011

To wither or not to wither...that is the question...

Finally summer has arrived and my poor tomato plant is feeling the heat....although I water it each day (sometimes twice), the lack of shade has made it look wilted and some of the leaves are burned. The fruit is still growing and maturing, it soaks up the water I give it and yet sometimes even though I care for it, the circumstances cause it stress and it dies a little.

Today I feel a bit like my baby tomatoes....like the circumstances of my life make me die a little, not enough to stop the growth or wither completely but enough to feel damaged. I feel caught off guard and unsure of what the next move should be. Fortunately I have hope, fortunately I have people around me who will be supportive, fortunately I have a God who loves me and understands me better than anyone, fortunately He loves me despite the damage. Tonight all I can do is turn to Him and pray...fortunately He has given me a prayer when I cannot pray for myself....
17Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
19GOD, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer’s;
he makes me tread on my high places.
Habakkuk 3 (ESV)

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you dear friend. Hang in there, for sunshine is just around the corner. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete